Active Duty reservations are required by calling (401) 841-2512
Reservations are made 24 hours in advance, first come, first served.
Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 3 to 6:30 p.m.
Step 2 – Pool Frequently Asked Questions
Start Date 27 July
Is the Pool open?
• Yes, it is open. In this step of the reopening, the use of the pool is restricted to Active Duty with a reservation.
What are the hours Chafee is open?
• Monday – Friday
Open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. // 3 to 6:30 p.m.
How does an individual Active Duty person use the pool?
• The person requesting to swim needs to call the John H. Chafee Front Desk, (401) 841-2512, to make a reservation up to 24 hours in advance; first come, first serve.
• There is a 1 person limit per lane.
How long is the reservation?
• The reservation is done in hour increments; on the hour. The person requesting the reservation may swim for 45 minutes and the last 15 minutes is for them to gather their belongings, change if necessary, and leave the pool area so that staff may sanitize for the next group coming in.
• There can only be one reservation, per person, per day.
Can a swimmer use the locker room to change?
• One family locker room will be available for use to change.
• The lockers and shower stall will not be available for use in the locker room.
• Only one person may use the locker room at a time.
How do I get to the pool if the basketball courts are not open?
• Please walk through the men’s or women’s main locker room and enter on the pool deck.
Can I bring in my own equipment to swim?
• Yes, we just ask that you rinse your items off first before using them.
What equipment is available to use on the pool deck?
• The only equipment are kickboards and pull buoys.
• After you have used the equipment it will go into a bin to be cleaned by staff.
• All fins/paddles, land equipment, stretching, and activities other than lap swimming are not permitted at this time.
The on-deck shower will be available for use, and is a requirement for all swimmers to use before getting into the pool.